Another insightful review of the ever popular ISIS Tempest lightweight, windproof rain coat.

Isis Tempest Jacket modeled by Stacey PetersonStacey Peterson one of our Boulder sales associate shares her thoughts on theĀ ISIS Tempest Jacket.

There are a handful of jackets that are essential to every outdoor enthusiasts closet, regardless of where you live or your activity of choice. These include a light-weight down, a longer insulated jacket, a fleece and a rain jacket.

When presented the opportunity to try out the Tempest Jacket by Isis I eagerly volunteered. I have been on the search for the perfect light-weight, breathable, cute rain jacket for a while and was eager to put the Tempest Jacket to the test.

Isis, a smaller company consisting of 95% women, was founded in 1998 in Burlington, Vermont, where they strive to produce clothing exclusively for women that fits well, looks good, provides confidence and enables women to get outdoors and enjoy nature. They develop cute technical outerwear for women of all sizes and needs.

With rain predicted in the next couple of days I was ready to test the Tempest Jacket out in the elements it was designed to withstand. While the jacket does run a bit big, I was happy with the fit. Personally, I prefer my rain jackets with room to move with the option to layer on cold fall days. With the guarantee to keep all moisture out, this jacket would be tested as the droplets got bigger and bigger during one of my favorite hikes.

Constructed with a natural, sustainable and recyclable Cocona technology the Tempest Jacket would set itself apart from other rain slickers by successfully managing the moisture that was being produced by my body. I was staying dry from the outside in, granted my hike was not too strenuous, but was pleased to arrive home just as dry from when I started.

Comments

comments