[the fast 5] questions for outdoor DIVAS community page

What inspired you to launch RecoFit?

It was sort of an accident! I was a sports editor and an active weekend warrior who was often plagued by shin splints from running. I wanted to prevent them from occurring instead of trying to heal from them. I had tried compression socks already on the market but didn’t find any that I liked – they were too thick, too hot, too uncomfortable, too ugly. So with my husband’s help (he worked in the sportswear industry) we designed a compression sleeve utilizing a cut-andrew pattern instead of a knit sock and used a carbon-based fabric that offers amazing qualities, benefits and comfort.

What is your biggest challenge as an entrepreneur?

Money! It takes a lot of it to manufacture product, spread the word, hire good people, and keep the lights on. The other challenge is offering a product that isn’t quite understood in the market place and requires educating your potential consumer on what makes your product so beneficial.

What keeps you sane, and keeps your head in the game?

At least an hour a day exercising outside in the Colorado sunshine! Whether biking, running, hiking, snowshoeing or Nordic skiing, I find that while my body works hard, my brain works on problems and I often resolve them by the time I get back home. Plus I’m in a much better mood from all those endorphins!

What RecoFit item do you use the most?

The calf compression sleeves. I will not run, hike or ski without them. And because they are sleeves, I can vary the socks I wear based on the activity.

What is your favorite summer activity?

Road cycling.

Comments

comments