The joy of skiing can come in many forms and I thought I’d tried them all.  Recently though, I was invited to a day of demoing skis with DIVA associates.  In addition to sharing laughs and each other’s company, we tested this years skis.  Of course, there are skis specific to my style and experience, which I prefer for hours of happy turning, but trying skis for different styles and experience levels taught me more than expected. I learned women want a ski that allows them to move into the next skill level and beyond.  A woman needs a tool specific to her current ability level, based on what she conditions she likes to ski now, and where she would like to ski in the future.  For example, an intermediate skier wanting to move into skiing powder in the trees needs a ski that works for cruising groomed slopes, but also sets her up for success when searching out the fluffy stuff.  Or, a woman who likes to spend her day seeking powder stashes, still needs a ski that will get her down the front side when her legs are tired. Testing this year’s models was exhilarating, educational and fun. Maybe now I’ve experienced all the different joys of skiing.  On second thought, I’d like to think there are more surprises waiting
~Leslie Finn
Divas Demo Day at Loveland!

Comments

comments