Dude Girl is a women’s only apparel company. Outdoor DIVAS just received some awesome Dude Girl cycling pieces so check them out if you haven’t already!

Kim McElhinney, founder of Dude Girl

Dude Girl is a women’s only apparel company. Outdoor DIVAS just received some awesome Dude Girl cycling pieces so check them out if you haven’t already!

1) Where did the inspiration for DUDE GIRL come from?

The name Dude Girl comes from the title of a book written about my grandmother, who, in 1928, rode across the Rockies on horseback with her girlfriends (from Laramie, WY to Southern California). On a cycling trip in France one summer, the idea was born for my own company rooted in the spirit of their journey, and for today’s active women.

2) Where is the best place you’ve ever ridden in a DUDE GIRL kit?

Mmmm… I have to list several: The French Alps and foothills are iconic and hold a special place in my heart because of my French family, the Ludi’s who have made it so memorable for my friends and me over the years (this family exemplifies everything that one romanticizes about France), The Rila and Rhodope Mountains in Bulgaria are as magical as the people there, and Mt. Tam/West Marin/King’s Ridge are places that remind me, every time I’m out there on two wheels, that we have riding here in the U.S. to rival anywhere in the world.

3) What keeps you sane, and keeps your head in the game?

Sophie from Planet Dophe – she’s a dog but I swear she’s a magical creature from a very special planet; Mt. Tam trails underneath my running shoes, my tremendous business partner and friend, Tam Ravenhill (there aren’t words); my advisors who hold me accountable and push me beyond my comfort zone, my rock solid girlfriends and pony tails flying on weekends! And Walter, who is unwavering and shares the miles with me, on and off the bike.

4) What is your favorite DUDE GIRL item?

I have three:

Dude Girl Athletic Department T-shirt – it is my running uniform; worn daily.

Dude Girl GiddyUp Cycling Jersey – always elicits hoots and hollers on the road and makes life more fun. You will see!

Dude Girl Cycling Knicker (Capri) – coming soon for Fall!

5) What is your favorite summertime activity?

Cycling is the obvious answer, and it is, but one of my favorite recreational sports is waterskiing with a boat full of friends on “the River” as we call it: Lake Mead. Hot weather, cool water, laughter – few things better.

Comments

comments