WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START FIERCE BROADS?

I have been a physical therapist for over 20 years and have my own business here in Boulder
called Aussie PT. Many of my clients complain of injuries that prevent them from exercising the
way they would like, others have body aches and pains due to being too sedentary. Both these
groups lose their confidence in their ability to return to their previous level of activity, and active
lifestyle. My goal in starting Fierce Broads was to guide support, cajole, encourage, motivate
and empower these women back to enjoying being active fit and happy.

A group setting enhances motivation, and friendly competition pushes us out of our comfort
zones to reach goals beyond our expectations. I wanted to create a relaxed safe supportive
community of women where I could share my love of being fit and active, and teach others how
to achieve the same. I have had many injuries myself where I have not been able to run and
understand that often the road back to full function is long and requires a lot of patience and
hard work. Sometimes it is hard to see the progress we are making and often it seems
impossible. With proper support and guidance goals can be reached, friends are made and self
confidence grows. 

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST CHALLENGE?

My biggest challenge so far is technology. Not being tech minded has meant many frustrating
hours trying to figure out the website, Facebook, how to post videos and save files in Dropbox.

WHAT KEEPS YOU MOVING FORWARD?

My belief that I have a worthwhile product and business that I am passionate about keeps me
moving forward. I love seeing and hearing the success stories of a personal best 5 k, a long
hike without any pain and a bike ride through a beautiful canyon that was never thought
possible.

WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE SUMMER ACTIVITY?

My favorite summertime sport is swimming in the ocean……I am an Aussie so I really miss the
salt water and body surfing. Here In Colorado, triathlon is my favorite summer pastime.
Although I also like shooting hoops or hiking with my boys.

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD?

The future…….I would love expand enough to have groups of women going to different events
around colorado, experiencing life out of the ordinary and see joy and surprise when goals are
achieved and fears overcome. I would also like to hold triathlon camps where women can get
together and enjoy some downtime with each other as well as improve their fitness and
techniques across all disciplines.
The future…….I would love expand enough to have groups of women going to different events
around colorado, experiencing life out of the ordinary and see joy and surprise when goals are
achieved and fears overcome. I would also like to hold triathlon camps where women can get
together and enjoy some downtime with each other as well as improve their fitness and
techniques across all disciplines. 

Comments

comments